Pimpin up the Yak....

Moaning 'M'

From October the radio licence will be free and will be for life....but it will still exist.

I did the Operators course and got the licence for that but have decided not to pay for the radio licence...I'll get one when its free.

I've heard that the Coastguard would much rather that people carry a VHF even if they don't have any licences..rather than put to sea ill-equipped. However, I would still recommend you do the Operators course so that you know all of the correct procedures and protocalls for use of your VHF.

I've got a certificate, but I'm blowed if I can remember the protocols or procedures. I just intend to use mine for emergencies when the proper protocol will be a simple scream for help...

Kayak: Tarpon 140 Angler camo