Boat fishing

Andrew

Phew what a day today, full of excitement, i'll tell you later on in the report what went on.

The boat party for today was

Steve(skipper)

Ron

Ray

Steve and myself.

We got to the docks at about 5.45am, we thought we waved through the barriers.

Well not this time, ???Ron got out of the van to chat with the security gaurd, Ron had to sign everybody in, even though the gaurd knew who we are, why you wonder ??

Its all to do with TERRORISTS ACCORDING TO THE SECURITY GAURD.

All signed in away we went down to the boat.

Tackle onboard boat unmoored and away we go. The weather was not bad, sea calm,slight wind and overcast sky.

We headed towards our spot at Seaham, about an half hour later we arrived.

First drop, small whiting went to Ray.

We drifted about another half hour then Steve (skipper) said we are on the move, terminal tackle up,engine ready,way we go again,while Steve was steering the boat the party took advantage abd had a bite to eat and a hot drink.

On arrival at out next mark, more small whiting and tommy cod came onboard,time for another move.This is where the fun starts

Steve was on dan watch,a dan is a flag to show where the lobster and crab pots are located for anyone who does not know what they are.

We passed by a dan say 500 yards or so away, clear of it, or at least thats what we thought, all of a sudden the was a wrenching on the prop ?????, Steve (skipper) automatically stopped the engine, what was it we thought, rope, a bl***y rope, some one had cut a rope and it was drifting away from the dan.

Steve (skipper)got the tools out to take an inspection hatch off the deck, the rope was wrapped around the prop shaft, but luckily for us it was to the stern of the boat.Steve took his shirt off to get at the rope, down t o his shoulder, he was cutting away at the rope, section by section, Steve managed to get it free,then this is what he pulled up, the rope between the rod and bag

Posted Image

More small whiting and tommy cod came onboard.

All the undersized fish during the trip was put back alive i hasten to add.

However Ron and myself did manage to get two decent cos apiece, here's mine

Posted Image

I did not get a picture of Rons fish.

Time to call it a day, 11am, tackle sorted and packed away we headed for home.

Some 10minutes into our journey home the water decided to tp play with us, from being a nice easy swell, it turned into a swell of about 5 mtrs, all within the space of 10 minutes.

We were being thrown about like a cork,I had the dubious task of being the dan watcher while the other lads were in the wheelhouse in comfort, the water was splashing over the top of the boat at times, Steve (skipper)was getting the worst of it, the boat was rocking from side to side,the water came to a few inches of the top of the boat.

That was the easy part,cutting through the waves, i was apprehensive about when we had to turn broadside on to get between the piers.

But all turned out well, we got to the dock in pne piece.

An eventful day but an enjoyable day with the lads, all i need now is to get my land legs back LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

We had 52 good sized cod the other week, we kept 2 each, all under sized fish were returned to fight another day.

Altho we did keep 3 mackarel for fresh bait

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Yes mate, i'm out on a wrecking trip with a group of lads next month.Its hard work tho, jigging the perk, LoL

The skipper has a good few wrecks plotted

“Vescere bracis meis”

Do you use a trace of 4 daylights above the perk if not then you should the cod love daylights and ive even caught a few pollack on daylights if you can't get daylights use hockeyes they work to but not as well as daylights :D:D:D

Let us know how you get on when you go wrecking mate :D:D