Help, need opinions on new bivvy

Dave lane sti brolly for me all the way and its put up with some real strong winds on the pit i fish, spacious, dry and best bit of kit i have ever bought though i did go and get the winter skin for it as well just for a little more comfort in horrible weather (makes it a lot cooler in the sun as well)

• 2 weeks later...
Need some advice, hopefully from someone that actually owns one of these bivvies. My choice is between the Trakker A-lite and the JRC STI brolly.

It will be used as a day shelter and possibly for overnighters. Need it to be light and quick to get up. Can't seem to find any info on the actual weight of them.

Oh and will they fit in my rod holdall (big consideration due to long walks)

Any one own one of these?

Thanks

Paul.

I have the JRC STI and I love it. Great design and very stable. The only drawback is that they are a bit heavy... All good with a trolley mind and they are quite cheap compared to the others on the market...

• 7 months later...
i'm looking at getting the trakker a-lite,does anybody know how much it actually weighs? i'm really trying to lighten up my setup! :thumbs:

can't tell you eaxctly how much it weighs, that'll be on a websirte somewhere.However I have used one for approx 10 months now, winter and summer, it has not let me down . It is quite light, the groundsheet is not of the heavier type material though. This may help you though. I have a winter wrap which actually extends the a- lite , it seems more like a 1 1/2 man sized bivvy when this is on. I like it.

The only thing wrong is that you do not get a clear plastic cover for door with the overwrap. Its does go inside a rod holdall .

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.