unfortunate happenings whilst fishing

pete2

on a trip to the thames in my youth i was float fishing for roach and such with a freind of mine we had a few little ones and i was having a preety good day.As a kid im sure most would agree the thought of bigger fish must be futher out came to mind so i procceded to over head cast and to my amazement it was a super cast and flew like a rocket toward the middle and on.then i noticed a pidgeon flying just ahead of my float and it all made sense pidgeon, float ,supercast hmmmm ahhhh float attached to pigeon by line!!!.So now to retreive my float etc and with a click of my reel the pidgeon stopped dead in mid flight and spiraled out of control and fell like a brick toward a tourist boat packed full of chinese school kids.On the unlucky pidgeons landing on the boat a sound of crying and screaming came from the tourist boat and i started to reel in the hapless bird plopped into the water and was being carried down river with flapping wings so rapidly i reeled in with the hope of freeing the poor thing but alas it was not to be the weidest thing happend all the ducks in the area made a bee line for old flappy and procceded to peck and maul him try as i might to get him in the flow and ducks were too much for my light line to cope with and my line snapped.The last thing i saw of old flappy was one wing flapping under the bridge and heading toward richmond R I P flappy gone but not forgotton. any one else had unfortunate happenings please add your tales of woe and weird regards all pete

Heading towards Richmond?? What part of the Thames were you fishing? Isleworth? Twickenham? Teddington?

i was fishing the walk way on the south side of richmond bridge i havent fished there for years .

OI OI,

funny thing happend to me fishing for bit's, when all of a sudden a tern dropped out the sky & pinched the fish i was reeling in after i got over the initial i just snached the line fish fell back in to the water got it out checked it over & to my relief it swam off like a good un no worse for its flying lesson.

:sun::sun::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite