SFSA \ SACN Meeting with Scottish Executive

seaside

Well we ( Ian Burrett (SACN), Barry Scholes and myself (SFSA)) had our meeting yesterday with the Scottish Executive's John Brown, Head of Tourism and Architecture Policy Division and Frank Strang, Head of Sea Fisheries Division.

Ian focused on the various fish stocks and fishing locations under threat, Barry covered the issues around Social and Political Inclusion and I gave a presentation on what we believe to be the value of RSA and RSA tourism to the Scottish economy.

Our thanks go to those on this forum who contributed ideas, gave input to the various areas, especially on spend, and generally helped us put it all together.

I must admit we did hog the time somewhat at the meeting, but both John Brown and Frank Strang showed good interest, asked several challenging questions and also introduced some interesting points for consideration.

We all consider we were given an extremely fair hearing and we are optimistic that we have taken that first step of the journey.

To ensure there is no confusion, the guys from the Executive have committed to producing their understanding of the meeting and to outline their ideas on how we can progress some of the suggestions made. They committed to deliver this before the end of next week and once we've received it we shall post an update.

Once again, many thanks to those who took the time to provide us with input.

Hello Steve,

I would also like to pass on my thanks, The gentlemen in question were perhaps overwhelmed but none the less greatful for the indepth information supplied to them.

I suspect that we could have been there all day and not run out of points to discuss.

Looking forward to the next stage.

Regards

Barry