River Cray, Kent

GlennB

I'll be spending a few days around St Pauls Cray in Kent and will have a little spare time to fish the R Cray.

Anybody know of any free stretches down that way? I'll have the car and can travel if need be.

cheers for any info

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I'll be spending a few days around St Pauls Cray in Kent and will have a little spare time to fish the R Cray.

Anybody know of any free stretches down that way? I'll have the car and can travel if need be.

cheers for any info

Hi Glenn, A few years since I fished the Cray but many happy memories including a 1lb 1oz Dace from the river at the back of Bourne road playing fields a stretch around 3/4 of a mile, Try the bends towards the downstream end from the far bank ( cross the bridge in the middle of the fields )

If you cross the bridge by the cafe and look under I bet there is a small shoal of chub mixed in with the Dace!

Also there is a free stretch alongside crayford way down to thames road.

let us know how you get on I might try again myself! Tight lines. Kevin :sun:

Hi Glenn, A few years since I fished the Cray but many happy memories including a 1lb 1oz Dace from the river at the back of Bourne road playing fields a stretch around 3/4 of a mile, Try the bends towards the downstream end from the far bank ( cross the bridge in the middle of the fields )

If you cross the bridge by the cafe and look under I bet there is a small shoal of chub mixed in with the Dace!

Excellent :) Many thanks

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i fished that stretch near thames road a few years back got a 3 and a half pound perch and loads of decent roach there but i heard it got pulluted a a couple of year back and i dont know if its recoverd that was the thames road stretch i also caught a couple of the funny looking mitton crabs :huh: with furry claws. im off tomorrow to south darenth gona fish the river there i walked the banks today loads of nice chub perch and some decent size jack pike so ill have a bit of fun tomorrow with the kids :sun: