Back in the Habit

Whitey

Hi all,

first post so be gentle....... after a few years appros 10 yrs i am return to my childhood pasion of COURSE fishing,..........oh yeah

thought i would get a bit oof advse from the old dogs in the forum

well my old pole a graphite shakespeare ......like a boom stick now has had better days.....

so on the cheap i got a whip....looks like a pole and have had a quick fish with it and seems fine....

am i right in assuming a whip is good for only small ish fish as it has an elastical end???

also went to the local fishing shop and got a normal box standard rod and reel with line on etc for good price and he advised me that would do me just fine

so i am in a bit of a muddle becuse i was gonna use the proper rod for the big bottom feeders and the whip for smaller fish ( hope you are stil with me?)

i had a look at my floats......seen better days........

weight, hooks and shot needed

can anyone point me in the direction of some good websites to purchase these from ebay???????

and type of floats shot and typical line breaking strain i should get ... i like using clear floats with coloured tip but have no idea on sizes for float etc

FINALLY.........seat boxes i have approx £60 allowing for a box

i saw the good old shakespeare box .....still going

BUT he has a younger brother THE BETA BOX ..............any good????

also saw the build your own daiwa box with octopus legs .....is this any good of total s**it?????

recommendations would help and which websites etc

so thats me done......

whats the best fishing mag to get these days for course and carp fishing as i wanna read up a bit

thanks everyone :sun:

Hi on the off chance what part of the country you in? Lots here from all over the place could help more if we knew what you inted to fish? rivers lakes etc someone may even offer to show you the ropes if you've forgotten abnthing.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Hi on the off chance what part of the country you in? Lots here from all over the place could help more if we knew what you inted to fish? rivers lakes etc someone may even offer to show you the ropes if you've forgotten abnthing.

Yeah it kind depends on what sort of fishing you want to do! Personally i don't really like seat boxes as they are hard on the back after a long session!

A whip is generally isn't elasticated and is for smaller fish up to a few onces though you can catch larger fish on them! A long pole whcih you can take apart can be used for much bigger fish depending on the strength of the pole and the elastic used!

You would always use the rod and reel for ledgering or using feeders but make sure you don't use anything to heavy for your rod you wouldn't want to break it!

Of course you can use the rod for float fishing too! You might use a stick float for fishing rivers where the float is attached using float rubbers at the top and bottom of the float. Or you might use a waggler on lakes where the float is held in place with shot either side of the eye.

If it were me I'd get down to the local library and get some free book or videos or dvds out! This is easily the quickest and cheapest way to get some tips and reminders of techniques.

Rich

hi again,

live in devon and the sort of fish is course, carp rudd roah bream etc

saw lathams looks pretty cheap and good ( hope im right?)

just looking for some valuable tips etc.... that will help me in my way

websites also

finally on the tackle

im lloking into seat boxes its a toss up betwen the sharkespeare/beta box of the daiwa self build box with octoplus legs

recommendations please?????????????

OI OI,

IF IT WAS ME I WOULD BE GOING FOR A CARP CHAIR & RUCKSACK/CARRYALL,

IF YOU BUY A BOX YOU WILL FILL IT & WANT A RUCKSACK/CARRYALL SO DO YOUR SELF A FAVOUR DONT BUY A BOX GO FOR THE CARP CHAIR & CARRYALL COS AFTER SPENDING LUDICOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL END UP WITH,............TRUST ME I KNOW.

HOPE THIS HELP'S M8

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite