Argos Poles

Whitey

I've got to agree with kempo, it saddens me that so many people are deserting their local tackle shops. You wonder why so many have closed down? where are you going to get your maggots and sundries from in the future, i can guarantee argos won't stock them........

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

My last big tackle purchases (3 rods and two reels adding up to £500ish) were from my then local tackle shop. I thought about mail order but decided to support the local shop. To be honest, when I think about how much I could have saved, I wish I'd gone with mail order. Selfish, yes - but I'm not made of money! The tight sods at the shop wouldn't even knock a few quid off for me.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've got to agree with kempo, it saddens me that so many people are deserting their local tackle shops. You wonder why so many have closed down? where are you going to get your maggots and sundries from in the future, i can guarantee argos won't stock them........

i agree with you, about the tackle shops. the only trouble i have and thats why i have used argos, is that i work the same hours as tackle shops, with only sunday off the same as my tackle shop, my baits and bits i get picked up for me. the tackle shops also have sunday off. if they were open for a few hours on a sunday, i would be happy to spend my money in there every week. like most of us, we go in for a £2.00 packets of hooks and end up spending £50.00 lol.

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest Ferret1959

Bait shops????

:P