Pike Help Please

PikeHelpPlease

The Lea in your area is alive with pike but unfortunately it is also alive with crayfish which can make deadbaits sometimes a problem at this time of year but as it gets colder your chances will improve.

I tend to fish gravel pits in the area more these days but St Margarets on the river was always a good hunting ground for me in years gone by and especially if I walked downstream to just above the bypass bridge there is a reasonable size bay there that was always good for a fish or two.

Dobbs Weir, below Fieldes Weir on the old "West Ham" fishery, and more local to you perhaps the meadows at Hertford just before it joins the Lea have also yielded me lots of fish.

If you spend a weekend nosing about on the local stretches near you watching where other people are fishing and what methods they are using it will really help and you can always do a bit of lure fishing at the same time.

Hope this helps.