Alderney Festival Report

AlderneyBassman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, first report.

Weather WNW6, sunny with occasional showers.

128 anglers registered so far.

At the first weigh in at 18.30 5 golden grey mullet and one thick lip of 4-8-12.

Largest golden was 2-0-10 caught by me :D:D:D

Weather is not ideal for here, the wind means a lot of marks are unfishable and the only ones left cannot accomodate 128 anglers!

I also had a go for the wrasse but the largest was 5-7, so not big enough :(

Promising start though.

Up at 5 in the morning for mullet, bream and garfish all on the float gear.

Day two report.

Well Toerag was right about the bass!

3 beauties at the scales for the early morning weigh in 6-8, 9-12 and 10-7. The two biggest fromthe commercial quay ( told you Chappers )

Also a pollack of 6-1 came in.

Overnight weather was grim NNW 6.

I stuck to my gameplan of an early start for mullet, bream and garfish. Intended getting up at 5.30 but as usual was wide awake at 4.30 so went then.

The mark was like fishing in a washing machine! But after shirvying with my secret (ish) groundbait for a couple of hours was rewarded with a bream of 3-3-8 which is in 3rd place. Loads of garfish but none over a pound and one solitary mullet of 3lb so neither big enough for this comp!

Tacticts for tomorrow are to fish for small eyed rays at a mark which after identical weather conditions to now I have caught fish to about 12lb :D

Only problem is.............I have to get up at 3am :rolleyes:

Talk to ya tomorrow.

Well the ray didnt materialise :(

Fished from 3.30am 2 rods with launce on 4/0 pennels but nowt.

Switched to rag and squid on size 2s at 7.30 and had a few bream and one couch's bream but too small.

On the leader board now is a huss of 10 something and a wrasse of 6-7.

Lots of other stuff caught such as triggers, sole and gurnards but due to the high qualifying weights they dont make it on the board.

Strangely no conger weighed in yet, the weather improved last night so there were loads of anglers targeting them.

Maybe they'll be hungry tonight.

I'm back on the wrasse hunt today.