Sleepy Carp.....

Braderz

Hi, I was fishing today with my mate at a small pond, yet very deep for its size so it has some massive mirror carp in it. But where I was fishing i had no bites for hours, So i went round the rest of the pond and there were loads of Carp. They were all right at the surface, and just appeared to be nackered. I took the weight off my carp rod and freelined some bread on the surface. My mate did the same and he had a 14 LB carp just 3 ft off the bank. The carp went nuts and nearly pulled him in!!!!

I have never seen a carp change from half dead to going nuts so fast!!!!

A good fish is not necessarily a big fish. What makes a good fish, is something well proportioned and healthy looking.

HTTP://WWW.MAD-FOR-FISHING.TK

Guest allibee

During the summer ol' carpy likes to schmooze around in the warm upper layers of the water column, like we all do, just enjoying the warmth.

You don't say if the water was weedy, in which case there maybe would be some oxygen depletion causing them to be a bit slow on the uptake, which could be another possibility. But more likely they are doing what carp do best on long summer days and are just hanging ten.

If they were too dopey they wouldn't have taken the bait at all, so they were more likely just soaking it all up, with one eye open so to speak, ready for action. Even when carp look sleepy there are amazing amounts of body processes going on just to keep them alive and floating, so they really aren't keeping that still