Main Line ?

lopex

Just got some "berkley big game" 20lb to put on my new reel. I have been using 18lb red ice and had no problems. My local tackle shop in Wimbledon had no red ice and recommended the berkley big game.

I am using a fixed spool reel and will be doing pier type fishing. Since coming home and searching the net for "berkley big game" I have only read bad things about it. Has anyone one ever used it??

Also whats the difference between mustad mono hook length and mustad fluorocarbon hook length apart from the price?

After spending a night on brighton marina in strong winds with a small torch I decided to get a head torch. I opted for a Petzl Myolite 3. Is this any good?

No idea about the big game line but the fluorocarbon is billed as being invisible in water due to its refractive properties being similar to water. I think it is fairly resistant to abrasion. I use it for hooklength when fishing clean sandy beaches, its too expensive for rock fishing where im losing a lot of end tackle :P .

As far as the head torch goes Id say anything that is bright enough to let you see when baiting up etc will be fine for fishing off piers and the like. If you decide to go fishing farther afield involving treks accross rough terrain you might need something a little brighter as I find that led's just dont cut it for finding your way accross slippery rocks :P

Hope thats of some help

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

No idea about the big game line but the fluorocarbon is billed as being invisible in water due to its refractive properties being similar to water. I think it is fairly resistant to abrasion. I use it for hooklength when fishing clean sandy beaches, its too expensive for rock fishing where im losing a lot of end tackle :P .

As far as the head torch goes Id say anything that is bright enough to let you see when baiting up etc will be fine for fishing off piers and the like. If you decide to go fishing farther afield involving treks accross rough terrain you might need something a little brighter as I find that led's just dont cut it for finding your way accross slippery rocks :P

Hope thats of some help

the best headlamp by a long way try the tiga tools headlamp not cheap but simply the best, regarding the line for fixed spool i would of gone for daiwa sensor , having said that have you tried braid.