Marine Tropicals

Paul Molyneux

Would love to try Marine tropicals. Unfortunately I am limited to one aquarium and that houses Amazons at the moment. But with the technology going the way it is I cannot see it being very long before Marines are as easy and cheap to keep as freshwater tropicals if arguably they are not already with some species.

Would love to try Marine tropicals. Unfortunately I am limited to one aquarium and that houses Amazons at the moment. But with the technology going the way it is I cannot see it being very long before Marines are as easy and cheap to keep as freshwater tropicals if arguably they are not already with some species.

ahammond

Marine Tropicals are easy to keep if you follow the rules!

It is an expensive hobby if done right.

My tank has been running over 3 years with very little problem. The tank is mature now.

Best of luck with your Amazons!

• 2 months later...
ahammond

Marine Tropicals are easy to keep if you follow the rules!

It is an expensive hobby if done right.

My tank has been running over 3 years with very little problem. The tank is mature now.

Best of luck with your Amazons!

Paul, Im probably asking a million people for a bit of help here but theres a bit of a debate between myself, Kim and my partner Anthony as to what fish can go in what water. If I wanted a reef/tropical warmwater colourful fish (gourmis, plecos, corydoras, discus and so forth) do I need to have salty-water or just warm water> Ive been googling for hours and nothing telling me the difference between tropical/marine/saltwater/freshwater "water" and the fish that habitate there...Please can you help, Thank-you

Effort equals reward!!

Guest Ferret1959

You can have tropical freshwater, tropical marine, cold freshwater and cold marine.

Freshwater means just that, no or very little salt, more salt and you can have a brackish set up.

Saltwater set ups are sea fish.

The added salt to freshwater tanks is mainly as a tonic.:)

I did well today.

Sold a 99p ebay tank set up for £30.

Quids in. :D :D

I will try to add some pictures of my tank to this. But between my computing and photographic skills I do not hold out a lot of hope. To be honest the photos do do either the fish or the aquarium justice.

It looks like I failed when trying to add the photos. Can anybody help?

Edited by ahammond