Which kayak ?

DrDoug

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts on the forum for a while now and am more than convinced that kayak fishing is the may forward for me.

The question I have is - I see a lot of people fish from the prowler 13 as it is stable and easy to paddle distance. Is this the ideal starter kayak ?

If not please recommend one !

its probably of use to know that I intend to use the kayak for fishing primarily in both lochs and the sea close to shore.

Cheers

DrDoug

You won't go far wrong with a Prowler 13. They are very stable and very suitable for begineers to kayaking. They are also quite quick and suitable for covering reasonable distances.

It's a bit of a compromise, if you want to go a long way then the narrower and longer the boat the better. The down side is that you can't relax quite so much when fishing because they won't be as stable.

Very pleased with my P13. If the worst came to the worst you would be able to sell it with ease I'm sure.

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts on the forum for a while now and am more than convinced that kayak fishing is the may forward for me.

The question I have is - I see a lot of people fish from the prowler 13 as it is stable and easy to paddle distance. Is this the ideal starter kayak ?

If not please recommend one !

its probably of use to know that I intend to use the kayak for fishing primarily in both lochs and the sea close to shore.

Cheers

DrDoug

P13 Doug, just shout when you want a paddle. I'm sure we can let you try out a few different models if you want.

Plenty sheltered water in the Forth on a winters day for a dunk.

Neil. :rolleyes:

Prowler 13, if it was a beer it would be a Carlsberg :)

If your of average build and weight then you can't go wrong with the Prowler 13, if you need more speed and have some experience of kayaking then the Scupper Pro or Prowler 15, Elite 4.5 are all worth looking at, although the Prowler 15 does have a smaller cockpit.

If your of above average build then you may want to look at the Big Game.

Guessing your way up north, but if not and can get along to the south coast your more than welcome to try out any of the my flotilla.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com