Acton Park Wrexham

wayne Lyons

Now then, there's a place I've not been to in years, it used to be good for a tench or two and crucian carp so I was told, never saw any cru's though.

Mind you I'm going back 20 years.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Hi.

I fish acton park whenever i can as i live locally.Im a relative beginner and so iv only been catching small perch and roach from the narrow end with maggots on a waggler.I have however seen other anglers catching tench up to 5lb and alot of pike.The pike in the pond go to double figures as do the common carp (15lb max im told?) There is apparently a good head of small bream also, although im yet to see any of them.

After talking to the older anglers at the pond iv been told a few times that the place now has better stocks than in the past

I have however struggled even on light tackle over the winter but i guess this could be half expected at this time of year, and il be leaving it until the weather warms up slighly to make my return, and aim for those bream!

Hi.

I fish acton park whenever i can as i live locally.Im a relative beginner and so iv only been catching small perch and roach from the narrow end with maggots on a waggler.I have however seen other anglers catching tench up to 5lb and alot of pike.The pike in the pond go to double figures as do the common carp (15lb max im told?) There is apparently a good head of small bream also, although im yet to see any of them.

After talking to the older anglers at the pond iv been told a few times that the place now has better stocks than in the past

I have however struggled even on light tackle over the winter but i guess this could be half expected at this time of year, and il be leaving it until the weather warms up slighly to make my return, and aim for those bream!

Thanks Rich

I am going to give it a try sat 20th i will let you know how i get on, you will catch bream in this cold weather you just need to fish it right i alway get bream if i fish bread punch over liq bread try it thanks.

Wayne.

• 1 year later...

Hey

Acton park is the one thats likely to get taken over by a club next year, but until then, its a good mixed pond.

Your best bet is if you go through garden village past the acton pub and turn left down box lane, then after 100yards turn right into herbert jennings avenue. The carpark for the lake is about 1/4 mile down this road on the left.

This lake starts to fish better this time of the year, when all the kids go back to school funnily enough!

By the way i went down to the pike pond on my bike with my spin rod last night.. im sure i caught the same 50cm pike that you did! 3lb 11oz. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

Is anyone on here from wrexham... was wondering what the fishing was like on acton park lake..... :thumbs:

hi i fish acton as i live close there are carp in there up to 27lbs there are very few tho and are quite hard to catch depending on what your fishing for. if carp i suggest night fishing ;) w/b

• 11 months later...

hi , i fish acton quite regulary as i live locally

theres good match fishing ive had bream on the waggler up to 5lb and some good rudd ,roach ,tench and the odd big perch

carp fishing can be good there , there is some big fish in acton about 25lb+ and some smaller like 11lb and around that size but i would recomend night fishing although the day fishing can be good

soo thats my info on acton

carpfisherman :D