Peterborough Perch Ponds...

Barn Owl Boy

Not sure about Perch ponds but make a date in ure diary for the Peterborough Tackle Fest on the Embankment sometime in June.

Oh, and more important the Beer fest a week before August Bank hol. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

I'd be amazed if there weren't any big perch in that huge pit beside the Fletton parkway, especially at the Fletton end of it, but I'm not sure that it's somewhere I'd want to fish. I have also seen big perch following pike baits at the big pit near McCains, but I'm not sure if you are allowed to fish there. I had my biggest pike there years ago at just under 25 pounds - a beautifully coloured fish it was too. In spite of the size of the pit there are only a handful of swims, as the banks are almost vertical in most places and you can have 50 feet of water under your rod tip. Try the short arm on the corner where you first go in.

The lakes at Tallington have some big perch in them, but it's a horrible place to fish, being primarily for the use of jet skis and water skiers.

Failing that, there are supposed to be large numbers of small zander just below the Dog-In-A-Doublet sluice at the end of the North Bank of the Nene.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.