Free Perception Fishing Kayak

underwaterimage

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have read my PRTP '07 charity event thread. Well i can give you guys in particular some interesting news.

Prize update:

The wonderful guys from World Sea Fishing are donating some great prizes to the event. Also Perception Kayaks in Uckfield have confirmed that they are giving us a brand spanking new fishing kayak to one lucky winner of the grand raffle.

Further prize updates to follow.

Please PM or email me if you want more info.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

PRIZE UPDATE:

A fantastic gesture from the people at Penn. I now have here, two Penn 65 long beach reels and two 6'6"stand up rods. Superb brand spanking new kit ready for a couple of lucky winners.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

Full details below. Thanks

Im the number two organiser for the event. It has been running since 1996 in Brighton / Hove. It was originally for surfers to get sponsored to paddle round the West Pier. The event has grown in a big way and so has the amount we raise for our beneficiaries. The RNLI, The Rockinghorse Appeal (Local Kids Hospital) and Surfaid International.

We get watersports and beach wear/equipment retailers to give us prize donations (in return for advertising). The the event participants get sponsored for their chosen event. For every £20 raised they get a raffle ticket. The draw is held on the last day of the paddle. To give you an idea of scale we gave away £12k worth of prizes to about 350 paddlers. We raised £12.5k in charitable funds raised which was split evenly between the three charities.

This year for the first time the event will be over two days and a beach festival. To be inclusive of all beach sports i have invented the Paddle beach fishing open. Many prizes are donated by the fishing industry (Penn, Perception, WSF and growing). So a £10 entry fee to enter the comp with a trophy as a prize. Then raise as much sponsorship as possible to get those raffle tickets in. This will provide the chance to win the free yak and other prizes. £20 sponsorship = 1 raffle ticket same as the paddle.

Comp to be held 1800-Midnight on Saturday 7th July on the beach by Hove Lawns. Winner is the angler who (from the beach) catches the greatest overall length of fish. We run a strict catch and release system. Security will be provided by Brighton & Hove City council. The prize draw will be at about 1600 on Sunday 8th July. Prizes presented by Fat Boy Slim and Zoe Ball.

We are liasing with the Holiday Inn (opposite the venue) for cheap weekend accomodation for participants. They will also be donating 5% of any paddle bookings to the charity funds.

I think thats most of the info but please have a look at www.paddleroundthepier.com for details about this year and some shots of last year.

Cheers

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

PRIZE UPDATE:

A very generous codmaster has sent me 20 hand made rigs, and also a £20 gift voucher to use with his supplied catalogue. Great bloke to deal with. Check out www.codmasteranglingsupplies.co.uk to see the sort of kit on offer.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

• 1 month later...

Here you go people. A photo of the star prize for the Paddle Round the Pier Charity Fishing Open. Location, date, time rules and comp card all sorted. Only the posters and flyers and sponsorship forms still in production.

post-5749-1175166224_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Sean Clark