PESCADOR

Hi there,

How are things over in sunny Spain?

Would be nice to hear about whats going on with you over there.

Perhaps a report or two with some pics :thumbs:

Wet windy,and generaly nasty here at the momment.

Have you got much booked in for the Summer?

Come on......tell us all about it :D

Bill. :)

Hi Bill

Just finished filming today for a Spanish TV programme, the first to feature kayak fishing. The interest here is phenomenal and the first tournament on May 1st is going to attract a lot of media interest. I am out fishing as much as possible and have now found some decent marks.

It is the season for bass right now and next week I will endeavour to produce! The weather has been averaging 28 c in the shade until today when a front has passed over but should be back to normal on Thursday. Typical when a camera is brought into play!

The Malibu X Factors are just perfect for the Mediterranean, I know they are not appreciated much in the UK but I have had some clients of generous build and they have exceeded my expectations in every department.

The problem I have had is time. I have had to compete in various surfcasting and fly competitions when really I would have liked to have been out in the yaks. Anyhow I have suggested to the Spanish TV company a Yak Cam for future features whic would be a good idea I am sure.

Bookings are mainly from ex pats out here as they have read my new weekly features on the subject in the local paper on the costas entitled Yak Talk. The two parties from the UK that have been out are coming back so that cannot be bad.

Will keep updateding if it is of interest. Latest pictures are on www.kayakfishingspain.com which will be updated with all the latest info.

Gary

post-11283-1173209064_thumb.jpg

Gary Smith

Crowle North Lincolnshire UK / Maldives / Puerto De Mazarron Murcia Spain

Gary Smith Fishing

Maldives Fishing Holidays

Fishing 7 Lakes

Hiya Gary.

T.V. coverage.....that certainly is a lot of interest, and can only promote the sport even more.

Good luck on May 1st, hope the weather is kind to you.

Are the marks your finding fairly close to your base, or are you travelling to the venues and the launching.

Bass season a?, good luck with them, are you live baiting?

Nothing wrong with the X factor, I think the weight and bulk put most off, not to mention the price.

In your situation youll be working mostly as a team I expect, plenty of helping hands and teamwork at the launch site.

The Yak cam sounds like an interesting prospect.

Glad the bookings are comming in for you, and returning fisherman......well that speaks for itself.

Yes its interesting, and yes keep us updated, may have a few of us over one day.......please god :D

Cheers Gary.

Bill. :)

Hi Bill

15 miles is the furthest I am travelling from base at the moment. The nearest is 4 miles and the best scenery. Pic attached of the bay which is sheltered.

Always able to park on the beach so off the trailer, kit up, and into the Med. Two vehicles in attendance at most venues if practical, one with changing and cooking facilities the other with the trailer and tackle.

Work as a team always for safety which is, to me, of paramount importance.

The conditions in the Med can change in minutes so an observer from shore is vital with a radio to lead kayak.

With clients, I do not fish unless they are experienced, just present as a guide with fish finder GPS, tow rope, emergency paddle, radio etc etc

The bass go for Coreano worm, lure or live bait depending mainly on depth. They do come in very close to shore as there is little tidal influence.

Will keep updating regularly with interesting news and if anyone has similar that they would allow me to use in my weekly press page here then please let me know, news, pics etc. gary@garysmithfishing.com or garysmith@roundtownnews.com

Regards

Gary

post-11283-1173218348_thumb.jpg

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes

Hi Bill

Sorry for my late reply also.

I am reading on the forum and elswhere on the net that the weather is not good in the UK at the moment.

It is obviously a lot better here, late 70's in the shade today and after your comments about some forum members maybe coming out I would like to offer Anglers Net Kayak Forum members a special kayak holiday deal.

All inclusive - airport transfers - full board, all ensuite rooms - kayak fishing, bait equipment, transport, licences, 4 Malibu X Factors & 1 RTM Tango Pesca, I know the X Factor is a sore point on here but in my opinion it is ideal for fishing in the Mediterranean.

All you have to do is get the flights to MJV San Javier (Murcia)

300 GBP for 5 days. Minimum 2 people. The best I can do to get you some sunshine!!!

If this is of interest to any of the frustrated kayak anglers on the forum then let me know asap and they can be enjoying the sun soon.

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes

Hi Bill

Sorry for my late reply also.

I am reading on the forum and elswhere on the net that the weather is not good in the UK at the moment.

It is obviously a lot better here, late 70's in the shade today and after your comments about some forum members maybe coming out I would like to offer Anglers Net Kayak Forum members a special kayak holiday deal.

All inclusive - airport transfers - full board, all ensuite rooms - kayak fishing, bait equipment, transport, licences, 4 Malibu X Factors & 1 RTM Tango Pesca, I know the X Factor is a sore point on here but in my opinion it is ideal for fishing in the Mediterranean.

All you have to do is get the flights to MJV San Javier (Murcia)

300 GBP for 5 days. Minimum 2 people. The best I can do to get you some sunshine!!!

If this is of interest to any of the frustrated kayak anglers on the forum then let me know asap and they can be enjoying the sun soon.

post-11283-1173984195_thumb.jpg

Gary Smith

Gary Smith Fishing

Fishing 7 Lakes