Problem with css help needed

JackPike

I have one or two problems which is driving me crazy the first one is how can I make the main content a little wider but keep it in between the two side panels also how can I centre the second content div I did have it right in firefox but in IE it went potty just like I am at the moment. Which font you recommend for the content p tag

jan-website/news1.html

I have only the news link working at the moment

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

#content {margin: 10px 205px;background-color: #FFFFF0;text-align: center;	height: 100%;	top: 5%;	border: thick solid #8FBC8F;	padding: 5px;	}.content1 {width: 50%;text-align: center;background-color: #FFF8DC;	height: 100%;	top: 5%;	margin: 30px 190px;	padding: 10px;	border: thick solid #8FBC8F;}

Are you trying to create different sized divs? Also what's the intention with the width % in the second?

Is it IE6 it goes mad in or IE7?

Is this link any help? http://www.csscreator.com/node/308

Try adding this code to the holding container code [bODY]

text-align: center

That seems to fix it in IE6 and since all your div's contain 'text-align: center' you could dispense with that and just align left/right if you decide to have a div not centred.

Edited by Slap