Anchor Rope...Is this suitable?

izzetafox

Hi Moggy

A similar thread came up a few months ago in which the different types of anchor we use was also discussed:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=71767

Note Spanners comments on anchoring in 400foot of water with only 30foot extra line let out.

I don't know why it is but we can get away with much using much less warp on the kayak. However, when using the tiny .75kg anchors more line is recommended. I think most of us use the 1.5kg ones.

Received and understood...guess it's my natural tendency to be cautious that promted the comment. When I first started watersports (Yakking was the first by the way!) I thought I was world champion...but down the years I've learned from my own and other peoples' mistakes (And the RYA) and realise that I've been lucky! Today, because I sail solo by choice, I tend to excercise belt and braces safety, plus a few well placed six inch nails as back-up! It's the way I survive our blood-thirsty mistress, the sea!

Moggy