yakers nr pembroke

spyro

Hi all, i am new to this forum and i am after a bit of advice,i would like to buy a prowler big game

I have asked localy but they dont sell OK brand. Is there anywhere else local ? Iwould rather not

have to pay shipping or delivery costs as yak is £600ish (£599 thanks marshman) and would like to

keep costs down. Also is there any rule when choosing a paddle eg length or doesnt it make that much

difference , obvoiusly weight will .

Thanks.

GB, Rich L, TPW and me fish pembrokeshire!

Personally I would not buy a big game. get the new prowler or the prowler elite! There are a few 'dealers' local but dont sell every kayak but they should be able to order them in. Try before you buy. I have a prowler 13 and between us we have a good variety. You are welcome to try mine anytime.

speak soon. Stu

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Hi Spyro

Not sure where to get O.K brand down here, maybe up and under in Cardiff would be your best bet. I've used them and their service is excellent.

If you want to try a Tarpon 140 give me a shout.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

hi spyro

I fish regular down the Gower... mainly Oxwich and Port Eynon and i have bought a prowler elite which i highly rate :thumbs:

I orded one from up and under in Cardiff being local; but I found the service terrible kept me waiting for 4 weeks then said they couldn't get one :wallbash:

So i went to kayaks and paddles brilliant service and had one delivered within 3 days and only £25 delivery

best of luck Allan

location Cardiff

Prowler elite mango flame

Hi,

I bought my P13 from Brighton Canoes over the web, they were great.

I know that Haven Sports in Broad Haven north have some OK gear and can get stuff ordered for you I think. Could be worth giving them a ring if you know what you want.

To keep costs down I would suggest an angler version since you get rod holders and seat included. You don't really need to do anything else to the boat then but obviously if the desire strikes only your imagination will limit the possible modifications. The most important point is to make sure you have the correct safety gear (last weekend we witnessed a guy with no PFD in an inflatable kayak in an offshore wind!!! OK he was close in but it doesn't take long for things to go wrong.)

Good luck.

Rich.

hi spyro

I fish regular down the Gower... mainly Oxwich and Port Eynon and i have bought a prowler elite which i highly rate :thumbs:

I orded one from up and under in Cardiff being local; but I found the service terrible kept me waiting for 4 weeks then said they couldn't get one :wallbash:

So i went to kayaks and paddles brilliant service and had one delivered within 3 days and only £25 delivery

best of luck Allan

I got my Prowler 15 Elite in upandunder. They have all sizes in stock at the moment. You could also try Haven Sports in Broad Haven they have the 13 and big game in stock as I saw them in this weekend.

Prowler 15 elite (Flame)

C-Tug

Hi guys, thanks 4 your replies. It would be great to try out your yaks,Stu&GB your offer is much appreciated,

It must be quite frustrating to choose a yak ,many to choose from nowhere to try out if you no what i mean?

I wanted a Big Game all because of other peoples reports eg, its stability,fairly dry &room4kit .Like i said before

i cant try out unless someone is generous enough to let you have a go in their

Why Stu, dont you like the big game ? is it the weight or other, need 2 know .

Anyway Thanks all

all the best Tim