fishing in spain

c4rper

hi all, just joined your forum and i've got a question for you.

i'm going on holiday to salou in june and, being close to the river ebro thought it would be a good chance to try a days fishing there, after trawling through all the websites offering fishing on the ebro i found one called carp dream fishing.com that seems to offer exactly what i want so i was wondering if anybody had had any dealings with this company so i know i'm not going to get ripped off, or if anybody knows of anybody else offering day trips to the ebro,it would be really appreciated.

cheers guys

c4rper

The Ebro is full of carp and catfish, if you are taking you own gear, just find a good looking spot, pile loads of bait in and the fish will come, when they arrive keep piling the bait in to hold them in your swim as they will clean it up very quickly and move on, watch out for the big cats as they will readily pick up carp baits and there are some massive fish in most stretches!!!

c4rper

I used to help run a guiding service out of Salou, we concentrated on taking anglers wanting to do day trips to the Ebro (Ebre in Catalan), and not like the other fishing operators who were more geared up for the longer stay anglers. Our service included collection and return from hotels, apartments etc., getting licences, providing bait, packed lunches and an open bar.

I don't know if the company I worked for is still operating, but I believe a similar operation is still running and may be more suitable for your requirements.

I agree with Mark the carp fishing on the river is fabulous and on some of the faster feeder streams you've a good chance of Iberian Barbel.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

c4rper

I used to help run a guiding service out of Salou, we concentrated on taking anglers wanting to do day trips to the Ebro (Ebre in Catalan), and not like the other fishing operators who were more geared up for the longer stay anglers. Our service included collection and return from hotels, apartments etc., getting licences, providing bait, packed lunches and an open bar.

I don't know if the company I worked for is still operating, but I believe a similar operation is still running and may be more suitable for your requirements.

I agree with Mark the carp fishing on the river is fabulous and on some of the faster feeder streams you've a good chance of Iberian Barbel.

Tony

cheers tony, could you tell me the name of the company you worked for or the other company you talked about.

thanks again

c4rper

cheers tony, could you tell me the name of the company you worked for or the other company you talked about.

thanks again

c4rper

Don't forget your permits. They used to have be bought in advance but that may well have changed since I fished there (we fished the lower Ebro and the cats were pretty massive there, although we only had smaller carp)

Rob.

thanks again

c4rper

C4per

As I said they are no longer trading; Dream Holidays as you point out do trips, but also ask around the bars in Salou I am sure there are other options.

Licences can be obtained from:

Oficina Comarcal del Baix Camp

Passeig Sunyer, 4-6, 2n.

43202 Reus

Tel: 977 32 63 36

Fax: 977 33 08 80

or

Oficina Comarcal del Tarragonès

Av. Catalunya, 50

43002 Tarragona

Tel.: 977 25 08 45

Fax: 977 25 04 39

and by buying licences you could fish on your own.

Both Reus and Tarragona are well worth a visit as they are intersting town in their own right; the Roman ampitheatre in Tarragona is a must in my opinion.

There is a good tackle shop just of the front in Cambrils and one in the old town in Salou near the Railway Station, they can advise on licences and fishing as well; the owner of the Cmbrils shop also speaks a bit of English.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.