is it ok 2 fish now?

henda11

is it ok to start fishing for perch,bream etc....? because as you tell im new to the whole course fishing ...about 6 weeks ago i went fishing and didnt catch anything , but i know there fish there because ive caught plenty before...and some bloke who was also fishing there came up to me and said we were 6 weeks to early or something .. so is it ok to start fishing now? because im not sure...i know that its a man made lake and is populated by bream,chub,perch, a few carp,gudgeon,tench and a few others...

can anyone give me a bit of advice please?

thanks

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

is it ok to start fishing for perch,bream etc....? because as you tell im new to the whole course fishing ...about 6 weeks ago i went fishing and didnt catch anything , but i know there fish there because ive caught plenty before...and some bloke who was also fishing there came up to me and said we were 6 weeks to early or something .. so is it ok to start fishing now? because im not sure...i know that its a man made lake and is populated by bream,chub,perch, a few carp,gudgeon,tench and a few others...

can anyone give me a bit of advice please?

thanks

You can fish lakes and canals this time of year so long as the owner allows fishing during the close season. Some lakes have a full close season other have a reduced one maybe this is what the guy was getting at!

Actually I've just re-read this post maybe you meant is it warm enough? In short .. yes I'm fishing a pretty deep lake at the moment and the bream and tench are feeding pretty well there!

Try maggots as these should catch everything and try to find the shallower end of the lake (don't go shallower than 3 or 4 foot though I reckon) as this will be warmer and the fish will be moving to these areas to spawn.

Does that help?

Rich