quiver tip question

andyml

hi folks,

i wonder if you guys can help me out?

i had a very enjoyable afternoon bream session on a very large home counties gravel pit yesterday and landed 6 good sized bream between 4 and 7lbs after they found my groundbait. I also missed load of takes...even with the rod tip pulled right round i missed plenty :schmoll: ....it wasn't just me either. Another angler experienced similar difficulties.

Is this an issue to do with hookling length I wonder?...

I was fishing braid to a free running cage feeder in about 5 - 6 feet of water...Can't wait to get back...the bream were really beautiful...very dark fish resplendent in their spawning finery.

My only regret is that I'm off to Holland for three weeks carp fishing in week week and will miss out on this water.

grateful for any advice...thanks in advance <')Andy<

Probably line bites....

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Probably line bites....

Den

Agreed. With bream being big shoaling fish , its inevitable that if the shoal find your feed you'll suffer lots of liners . Maybe the fact that you were using braid was exaggerating these line-bites , seeing as braid has no stretch ?

If after hitting your baited spot you get these 'un-hittable pull rounds' , try winding the feeder a few feet to put your bait on the edge of the feed rather than in the centre of it . You may find the liners stop but proper bites will continue . :thumbs: