How was the weekend on the east of scotland?

Dougie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we were catching this side throughout september last year, so im pretty hopefull for it! shame the lows are all am this week, so its not worth fishing in the evening i think this side. lucky im off next week tho, going to have a try for these mystery mullet that have been spotted

Good luck with the mullet mate. Hope you do better than me. Tried a few times at Torness with bread. Managed to hook a few but never actually landed one - still not sure what I was doing wrong. If you speak to one guy he'll swear by small hooks but others have told me that a size 1 is what they use. I found knowing when to strike the fish was the most frustrating. Good fun though!

I'll have to give a go again sometime. Maybe even try Cockenzie as I've seen them round there too. Was determined to get one this year after last years blank but haven't bothered to target them yet.

I'll maybe try Torness later in the year after the Bass cull has finished. I believe they can be caught all year round there - maybe a crisp autumn morning is an idea.

yeah funny i used to see reports about torness for mullet on cold november mornings at the outflow.they say there is usually big shoals around there in the winter..but are you prepared to go there on the off chance? There used to be a forum that was all reports on torness but it got shut down. im thinking of starting a forum for scottish shore anglers only..no boats or english stuff!

Dougie is this the forum you mean?

East Lothian Shore Fishing

It was moved rather than closed down. You might need to register to post.

Also some interesting reports on here about Torness Mullet in January. They are a few years old but make interesting reading anyway.

Fishing Logs 2001