Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Elton:

I'd be grateful if you would all read this:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/pr/pr19.htm

Best wishes,

Elton

[/quote

Hi Elton,

I am not being funny with you but did you find the above in a time capsule? They have been saying the same thing and using the same phraseology for 30 years that I know of.

When they ever decide (if) to put a stop the netting of wrecks at spawning time it will go a long way to helping the stocks to recover.

Alan(nl)

Ex fisherman.

Well that makes very depressing reading!!! - but it has all been said before and until our government decide that our fish stocks and quotas belong to us and NOT Europe then we will still have a very big problem. It seems that every man and his dog are allowed to trawl our waters and take whatever they can with sometimes complete disregard for the rules. We have all at one point or another seen trawlers raping the inshore grounds and throwing back undersize fish so they can then swim away!!! What a joke!!! The seagulls must love Brussels - a free feed every time a trawl is lifted. The bottom line comes down to this - we NEED an exclusion zone around the British Isles and we NEED Westminster to sit up and take note of what is happening. Until then NOTHING will change!!

Snowy