Lost of permissions

*Dave*

Hi , need help please .

When I had my CPU and new motherboard in 62 days ago , the guy installed Home edition , 30 days of use and I lost the permmissions , I formatted all was ok untill today 30 days after the format .

With Home you have to phone to get validation now {tis freecall}. all was validated and I got IE7 and photo story 3 which both need a vaildation before download .

I went to download some new levels for Carol on the big reef game and I couldn't .

When I got to internet options to delete temp file , cookies , I can't .

So anyone got any idea a to fix this prob I don't want to format again to solve it for a further 30 days .

I have put a drive in that contains nothing and I can't load nor boot from disc my XP pro ???

Newt I got the 'get control of permissinons' thing printed off but can't get round it that way .

Dave - I'll give this one another think and if no one has offered a workable solution I'l' try to come up with one.

Did your new XP install include service pack 2?

If you can get on to the site, a complete virus scan by an online scanner (so you know it is working and hasn't been disabled by a critter) would be in order. Google for online virus scan and the first few hits are for reliable software.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt tis ok , took back to the shop , He played about with it and found a glinch in IE7 , uninstalled IE7 and went back to the old old , we're back up and running .But he installed IE7 in a saved file on desk top I have reinstalled it now so fingers crossed in 30 days I don't have the repeat probs . :thumbs: Thank you for your help .

*Dave*