Gailey Trout fishery update.

Hello All

It's been some time since i last posted on this site, but to update everyone on what's been happening at at Gailey Trout nr Cannock Staffs.

Well 12 season ticket holders took over the lease of the 35 acre water in January, since then we have transformed the fishery with loads of improvements, 5 new boats are due any day (11/7/07) bring the fleet up to 13. We have suffered a slight weed problem, but British Waterways are bringing a weed cutting boat and all banks will be weed free within the next few days. The fishing has been excellent since we took over the fishery, on my last 4 visits i've managed 20+,12,12 and 6 (all returned) most taken off the top on hatching sedge,CDC Hares ear, Shipmans or just below the surface on a Pheasant tail GRHE combination. After the original stocking of 3,500 fish in the first 3 months, we have maintained a good stocking policy (Free rising fish everywhere)

Gailey is run by Angler for Anglers and would love to hear comments about the fishery (positive or negative) as we want to continue to improve the fishery and facilities over the coming years.

Day tickets are £15 (2 fish) 4 hour tickets £10 (1 fish) Boats from £5 Electric Motors £10. All tickets are available with catch and release.

Gailey Trout is located just off the M6 jct 12 and main A5 Near Cannock TEL 01785 715848.

If you want to see 4 old gits talk about Gailey on the BBC go to the link below

(Embarrassing or what .... at least we're enthusiastic old gits)

Regards PETER DAVIES.

PS we're going to be featured in the September edition of Trout Fisherman (out August)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/a..._feature.shtml