Fitting Fishfinder

Karl K

Chris

I am starting to get the bits together to fit an anchor trolley to my Malibu Mini-X. Could you post some more detailed photos and just give a bit of detail as to the bits and pieces you used and where you got them - for instance did you use rivets to fix the loops to the kayak?

All help greatfully received

Thanks

Mike

Ill post some pics for you tommorow night for you

In the mean time have have look at this loads of great info out on the web

http://anglersafloat.com/Prowler_AnchorTrolley%202007.htm

:thumbs:

Thanks for the link Chris

Would be great if you could add some further pictures

Thanks

Mike

Mike here’s some more pics of my set up, it comprises of 2 stainless pulleys , 1 crab ,1 stainless ring, 2 pad eyes riveted on ,1 small hook riveted on, 2 small stainless crabs.

DSC00059.jpg

The small hook is to prevent the line coming across the cockpit, you could place the pad eyes lower but you really dont want to be drilling holes on or below the water line.

DSC00060.jpg

The bungee is conected to the crab with 2 thumb knots and 2 small cable ties above the knot to prevent them slipping under load this is then finished off with heat shrink tube to tidy it all up.

DSC00062.jpg

Hope this makes it a bit clearer Chris :thumbs:

Chris

This is just what I needed and gives me much more confidence to go ahead and do the job - many thanks.

Could the pad eyes be screwed? or bolted? or should I invest in the equipment for rivetting? if so could anyone please recommend a supplier for rivets and a rivet gun?

Thanks for taking so much trouble

Mike

Chris

This is just what I needed and gives me much more confidence to go ahead and do the job - many thanks.

Could the pad eyes be screwed? or bolted? or should I invest in the equipment for rivetting? if so could anyone please recommend a supplier for rivets and a rivet gun?

Thanks for taking so much trouble

Mike

Mike if you can get your hand inside you can use stainless bolts, I didnt fancy using self tappers on pad eyes for the trolly system as they can take a fair bit of pressure when the tides running, and I didnt want them ripping out.

Anyone eles out there used self tappers on their trolly system and can advise ?

If you want rivets I got mine from cobra kayaks and my hand riveter from halfords about a tenner.

Dont forget to use a dab of silicone with every fixing to keep everything water tight.

Chris