Launching at Oare (swale)

lozz

Hi all

Going to fish the Swale tomorrow launching at Oare .I have never launched or fished this area before, but have charts and looked on google earth .It looks pretty good for bass mullet and flatties any tips or dodgy areas to stay away from would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks Lozz

Never fished it from a yak....but beware of the strong currents in the Swale, they've caught out people before...also watch out for the deep sticky mud , can be dangerous. :o

Should be good for Bass at the very least........

Oh...and i hope you still have wheels on your car when you return...or a car come to that. :rolleyes:

Dave ;)

Never fished it from a yak....but beware of the strong currents in the Swale, they've caught out people before...also watch out for the deep sticky mud , can be dangerous. :o

Should be good for Bass at the very least........

Oh...and i hope you still have wheels on your car when you return...or a car come to that. :rolleyes:

Dave ;)

thanks for info i take it car parking a bit dodgy there can you reconend better launch site

thanks for info i take it car parking a bit dodgy there can you reconend better launch site

Never had a problem with my car there ................. in daylight! Would re emphasise care needed with currents and mud, stick to the slip if you can. Lots of fish, but usually when crabs peeling in earnest, late April/May/early June.

Didn't mean to sound quite so negative , the Swale could be a good venue.....just be aware of the dangers.

You could try launching at Seasalter and paddling back towards the Swale, but the tide does go out a long way so you might have only a few hours over HW to fish.

I normaly launch at Tankerton/Herne Bay area.....not quite so messy :rolleyes:

Dave ;)