Another newbie (all I caught was a Mermaid)

BristolLes

Hello everyone !

Ive been following this site for a long time ( since the days when paintfly ate Barrimundi's bass ?! ) and as I have now been kayak fishing a few times I felt it was time to join.

Currently using a frenzy obtained last year. - not ideal (still saving for the prowler) but with the information gleaned from this site (and anglersafloat) managed to find a crate to fit, added rodholders and then converted a golf trolley. The set up seems adequate for sheltered coves with little tide.

This week I had three practice sessions in the shallow waters of studland bay - tried surface lures/ spoons and ragworm all to no avail - maybe next time

I did manage to rescue a young mermaid in distress though. A bikini clad beauty (18'ish) had got out of her depth and was struggling in the cold water. She was waving and hollering etc - I rushed across and fast as my little frenzy would go ( not very ) and suggested the mermaid grabbed my rear end as tight as she could (the kayak). Anyway I soon had her back in her depth when after sincere thanks she swam off. Unfortunately, I did'nt managed to get a glimpse of that elusive tail !