Spanner's Southern Return

spanner

Hi guys,

I'm going to be driving all the way down to Poole at the end of August and I'll be bringing the kayak with me. If all goes to plan I'll have 3 days available to get out fishing, Aug 25-27, so I'm hoping some of you southern softies can show me a good time :D

I want to catch a few of the species I can't get up here with smoothounds top of the list cloesly followly by bass and bream and I'm not averse to a few species of wrasse either. One thing I reaaly need to do is go and fish Richie's conger mark at Portland as its where I started fishing as a kid, the mark is right infront of Incline Road where our house was, long gone now, and I used to fish off the breakwater beside the Hood.

So how about it, Starvin, Speciman, Richie and any others, any takers for Spanner's Southern Return?

By the way, I'll be camping, anybody got any suggestions for a good yak-fishing friendly campsite in teh area, close to Poole preferably?

Would be glad to join you Spanner :thumbs: bet I'm not the only one <_< not sure about camping but I'll bet SpeciMan will put you on to a couple when he's back from hols :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph