Big Game Fishing Cancun

Guest Neil Eppey

Guest Neil Eppey

All,

Looking at the new article on the big game fishing prompted me to ask for some help. I am of to Cancun on 28th April (between this tourament and the world Marlin championships) and am looking for a decent Bill fish boat for a day and a light line trip to on of the lagoons or flats after a grand slam on the fly.

Has anyone any experience of the fishing in Cancun or any of the skippers or any places for beach fishing near the Moon Palace resort??

many thanks

Neil

I went to Cancun about 8 years ago, and there were loads of boats. There was a central marina, with a booking office. I was going diving, but there were plenty of fish caught, and around on the dives.

As you will probably know, the bulk of the hotels are on a large spit of land, which is one long beach. There should be blue fish off the beach in April, and there are reefs at the extreme south of the beach near club Med (there is a cheap bus service). I would take some big plugs and noisy spoons. There are plenty of small baitfish around in the surf, and I know there are barraccuda in close (as somebody saw one when in the water).

------------------