First Full Day on Kayak

Adam Si

Just had to post how happy I am tonight, purchased a second hand Malibu Two XL on Tuesday, took it out for an hour on Weds and Thurs night but took it out for a full day today and its the best thing Ive ever bought !! The kids loved it the wife loved it and I fished from it after making up an set of rod holders this morning out of plastic piping. Caught a few small pollock. Took to the water at Helebay 11am and came in for 30mins for lunch finally came back in at 7pm

http://www.sibbald.eclipse.co.uk/malibu.jpg

http://www.sibbald.eclipse.co.uk/pollock.jpg

Just had to post how happy I am tonight, purchased a second hand Malibu Two XL on Tuesday, took it out for an hour on Weds and Thurs night but took it out for a full day today and its the best thing Ive ever bought !! The kids loved it the wife loved it and I fished from it after making up an set of rod holders this morning out of plastic piping. Caught a few small pollock. Took to the water at Helebay 11am and came in for 30mins for lunch finally came back in at 7pm

http://www.sibbald.eclipse.co.uk/malibu.jpg

http://www.sibbald.eclipse.co.uk/pollock.jpg

is that hillsborough in the background?

is that hillsborough in the background?

Hi CF yes between the tip and the white marker/lobster bouys on way round to pier. Spent most of day just paddling from Hele to Rillage point with wife and kids etc then did a little fishing on way round to pier for an hour. Cant wait for next weekend !

i probably passed right by you. i went out from larkstone at 12 and paddled around to the other side of capstone and fished off of the first point of the tunnels, and drifted back towards capstone using a pirk and hock eye's. i caught 7 pollock and a red gurnard. the biggest pollock was almost into double figures but i lost it. took about 10 mins to bring up after being dragged about a bit, got it on deck and put it into my bad, after 15 mins and another drift i thought the fish would be dead so i wedged it behind the seat under the storage net and the started to paddle back for another drift after a few strokes i heard the fish flapping about and turned around to see it slide into the water. it looked dead and was just floating so i stopped the yak and started to turn to pick it back up and the dam thing swam off, i was like ffs, but was fun. i brough home 2 pollock one 4lb8 and another just under 4lb, so not a bad day!

Hi CF I didnt get round to there until around 5pm as was round the hele side all day keeping family happy taking them out around rillage etc didnt get fishing properly till 5ish :( but hope to get out one night this week after work and might have a day off if you are interested in meeting up failing that will be at the weekend.

Really impressed with your catch I bet you were really happy, Im looking forward to paddling out the tunnels direction and drifting past capstone

well done on getting the malibu 2............i own one too lol .

a fantastically stable boat in my opinion and plenty of room.

i find it easy enough to paddle ,though i find it easy enough to lift it by the two carry handles up over my head and onto the two bits of 3x3 i use as roof bars!

i feel really quite safe on it even out on big swells and mental tide rips. it just glides over the swirls and feels stable in choppy water too.

plus i can get my girlfriend on it , or my 16yr old son for a bit of touring too or island hopping and camping .i recon i could strap a fully loaded ruck sack on my yak and be safe enough on calm water.

:rolleyes: