Fishing In Wiltshire

BigFishNut

Hey All,

I was just wondering if there was anyone else on hear from wiltshire (chippenham) that was looking for a new chalange this winter, im working hard on a lake called tockenham but its a hard job for just one person, i used to fish with two other mates on the lake and we used to pile in alot of bait and between us we used to spend alot of time on the water, but my worst nightmare just come true, my two friends just moved to norfolck and im on my lonesum again, boo hoo.

let me tell you a bit about tockenham, its a nice muture lake of just over 4 ackers with a large head of carp but only a small number of big fish to go at for the size of the water, to date we have had 1 x 48lb 11oz 9 different 30's and around 25 x 20's and countless fish under the 20 mark over the past 5 years, there are some photos of the fish in the member gallary.

there are deths from 3ft running to 24ft, apart from a some reed lined banks and a coupple of shelf there are very few featchers to fish to in the main lake making it a tough water to crack on your own.

The Costs to fish hear are £35 for the seaseon ticket and £50 for the night ticket, well worth the money seeing as theres some large carp to go at.

if anyone is intrested or would like some more info on the water please let me know.

i have added a photo that you can see some of the lake in, The first one is about haf way down whats knowen as the mid-way bank at the narrow end of the lake and the second one is the lawn bank at the fare end of the lake looking down at the mid-way bank, tockenham is L shapedd with the base of the L being the main body of water (bowl shapped)

post-13190-1192442895_thumb.jpg post-13190-1192442966_thumb.jpg

Many Thanks

Gav

Work Is For People That Dont Know How To Fish!!

• 3 weeks later...

would love to come and have ago with you, as have worked in lyneham for a few years now and live in trowbridge, but dont feel at this time i can put the time in to some good sessions. tockenham is a nice lake let me know how you do.

ian

would love to come and have ago with you, as have worked in lyneham for a few years now and live in trowbridge, but dont feel at this time i can put the time in to some good sessions. tockenham is a nice lake let me know how you do.

ian

Hey Ian, ill keep in contacted as to how its fishing ect and if you want to pop down and have a fish that would be cool, its always nice to meet someone new and exchange tips ect

Tight Lines

gav

Gav,

Now the winter has come most of the guys i fish with have decided its too cold to fish and want to wait till March..

Im slowly working my way through some of the lakes in Wiltshire: Im based in Devizes and work in Melksham so not far from Chipps at all.

Never fished Tockenham, i think you need the Bristol Amalgamated if memory serves me right.

Lakes fished so far: Lavington, Wyatts (For my sins), Silverlands, Sevington, Leechpool, Longleat.

Generally up for a fish most weekend where possible!!! Let me know when your off and i can see what im up to.. Could be going somewhere on Sat for a 24 hr session.

Gav,

Now the winter has come most of the guys i fish with have decided its too cold to fish and want to wait till March..

Im slowly working my way through some of the lakes in Wiltshire: Im based in Devizes and work in Melksham so not far from Chipps at all.

Never fished Tockenham, i think you need the Bristol Amalgamated if memory serves me right.

Lakes fished so far: Lavington, Wyatts (For my sins), Silverlands, Sevington, Leechpool, Longleat.

Generally up for a fish most weekend where possible!!! Let me know when your off and i can see what im up to.. Could be going somewhere on Sat for a 24 hr session.

Hey wid3y

like yourself i have worked my way round most the waters in wiltshire and have found only three that really apeal to me, one being silverlands, i mite add tho that i used to fish there about 6-7 years ago before the young mickle neal told all the fishing mags and pappers about the size of the fish that where in there, another i fish alot is devises canal but the water that has always got me comming back for more is tockenham, your right about the ticket as i think i put in my first post, its £35 for the main ticket and £50 for the night ticket but in my books its well worth every peny, now the colder weather has started to set in i will he heading for tockenham alot more, i find it to busy for my liking in the summer with al the niddy anglers about, i will also be fishing silverlands to catch the two fish that have not been had in he past 4 years but i know atleast one of them are stil there as i spoted it only 2 days ago when taking a walk round the lake with the new baliff, i dont know if you met the old baliff's phill and jill but they dicided to move to another water so a good friend of mine as taken over, "Leon" is his name and hes a top guy, not the best anler in the world but his heart is in the right place and he will go out of his way to help out.

Widey drop me an email at hughes.gavin@btinternet.com so we can get in contacted over the phone, i hate typing on the best of days and to be honist i dont get the time as i fish just about 6 days a week.

thanks for getting back to me and hope to hear from you soon

Tight lines

Gav