Er New Gear Help

Wolfie10

I have just resived a lovley christmas presant 1 big keep net and one HUGE landing net,

Is Trout good for a starter with a HUGE net or would i b better of with a trip down to the takle shop for a SMALL net!!!

And What bait for Trout and what Hook size for trout,

And is pole fishing ok with trout or should i really go down to the shop, i :wub: the presants that i got there so call anyway i need help,

PLEASE,

Wolfie10

!You Were Wild Once Dont Let Them Tame You!

I have just resived a lovley christmas presant 1 big keep net and one HUGE landing net,

Is Trout good for a starter with a HUGE net or would i b better of with a trip down to the takle shop for a SMALL net!!!

And What bait for Trout and what Hook size for trout,

And is pole fishing ok with trout or should i really go down to the shop, i :wub: the presants that i got there so call anyway i need help,

PLEASE,

Wolfie10

the way you need to look at the size of net you have got is will the biggest fish that you are likley to catch fit in it? if yes with silly amounts of room left over then its probably to big, and another thing to remember is that you have to carry the thing with you all day and theres nothing worse than carring 3 ton of kit that your not going to use. im no expert with pole fishing, and have'nt heard of any one catching trout on a pole im sure you would have more chance with a small spinning rod for the trout but im sure that there is someone out there with some knowledge on this. hope this helps you. mikethepike

a standard size net of 40-50cm wide ,(around 16-20" wide) should be ample for trout (1-3lbish)

Red maggot on a "on the drop rig" should catch you plenty of trout . but you'll need good elastic (loose black hydro ?) as they're mental

ship out your rig then spray a half dozen or so maggots when the rig settles ,lift the rig vertically out off water and drop back down then feed again keep working the bait.

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve