ORKNEY fishing? (business plan)

big gus

Chaps,

A bit out of the blue (and a bit bizarre) but I'm thinking of buying and running a Guest House in Orkney....literally, surrounded by wild brownie-filled lochs. Apparently it is some of the best fishing imaginable, minutes from Harray, Swanney, Hundland and Boardhouse lochs.

My question is, how popular would it be...would groups of anglers make the trip up, seeing as its so far away?

I have a good deal, if I want to proceed....but we would obviously rely heavily on rooms being filled...

I guess I'm asking how many people you know of or hear of who go to Orkney to fish?

Thanks in advance (and any feedback welcome)

Gus

Edited by big gus

Chaps,

A bit out of the blue (and a bit bizarre) but I'm thinking of buying and running a Guest House in Orkney....literally, surrounded by the sea, and has some of the best wild brown trout fishing available.

My question is, how popular would it be...would groups of anglers make the trip up, seeing as its so far away?

I have a good deal, if I want to proceed....but we would obviously rely heavily on rooms being filled...

I guess I'm asking how many people you know of or hear of who go to Orkney to fish?

Thanks in advance (and any feedback welcome)

Gus

Hi Gus, I know a chap, He lives in our village , who fished/fishes for the Scottish fly team, that absolutely loves going to Orkney, at least once a year, more if he can.... :D He goes with a couple of mates..so, its a start for you. You could try the SANA site for more informed stuff...:)

http://www.sana.org.uk/

Good luck with it..:):)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/