Regional clubs

Dawsie

This is mostly directed at the kayak fishing fraternity living in or near South Wales (because thats where I am).

Anyone interested in getting some sort of regional club going? I mean, there are sea/course angling clubs all over the country, why not kayak angling clubs?

This is mostly directed at the kayak fishing fraternity living in or near South Wales (because thats where I am).

Anyone interested in getting some sort of regional club going? I mean, there are sea/course angling clubs all over the country, why not kayak angling clubs?

Yes i'm up for that the idea of a local club sounds great, organising events locally and possibly west wales would be great. maybe we should organise a meet soon, and see how that goes. i'm sure interest would grow and grow word of mouth etc..

Would be keen to meet up any sat or sun afternoon, next time we get a break in the weather ideally. Could be a while lol... anywhere around the south wales coast would be great, ideally somewhere like oxwich bay/gower area would be ideal i think 4 a first meet. the bays are a little more sheltered and the tidal rip is'nt as bad as round the Cardiff/llantwit area. Unless you guys have noted some local bays and a suggested date for a meet??

Hi Kirsty & Codbod,

Thanks for your response, so when do you want to go fishing?

H!

DAWSIE & CODBOD

Newton has good shelter from the W wind when the tide is up & not 2 far 2 paddle out

I have a sit on top ocean kayak

There R no strong tides in the bay Maybe some whiting about or a miracle cod

The weather is bad for the next week or 2 bit summer is on the way with lighter evenings

H!

DAWSIE & CODBOD

Newton has good shelter from the W wind when the tide is up & not 2 far 2 paddle out

I have a sit on top ocean kayak

There R no strong tides in the bay Maybe some whiting about or a miracle cod

The weather is bad for the next week or 2 bit summer is on the way with lighter evenings

Hi guys I’m from Bridgend and fish Newton in the winter and Gower in the summer, Haven’t been out for a couple of months due to a house move but I have been doing this for a couple of years both in small boats and kayaks.

This time of year your likely to catch dogs whiting cod and conger from Newton, just be careful of the tides, fish on an incoming tide and stay just inside the point, try and avoid the big tides.

The fishing beyond the point is best, but get used to anchoring your yak first, it’s safer to fish there with a buddy. It’s like anchoring in a medium flowing river.

Good luck let us know how you get on and I should see you out there some time.