Dec2015 Florida DaytonaBeach Orlando Area NewSmyrna

Staying mild to warm so far this late November and now into December 2015 here in East Central Florida and our inshore saltwater area of Mosquito Lagoon and the northern Indian River. Water temperatures still up in the mid 60’s to 70’, along with high water levels, chilly weather should arrive somtime soon, cold fronts along with north winds will drop water temperature and levels. Lagoon flats Redfish and Seatrout remain more scattered than schooled with the late fall pattern hanging on, schooling will become more prevalent after some winter chilling arrives. Clarity has been improving with pretty clear water in places but still cloudy in others, more healthy grass on the bottom keeps the water clearer with less exposed silt to suspend, where flats with less grass tend to cloud easier with exposed mud bottoms. Sight fishing will continue to improve as winter arrives bringing colder and cleaner water for Redfish and Trout hunting on Mosquito Lagoon. This time of year more the off season for my charters which calls for more scouting trips looking for fish to bring clients to later on. I do as much looking as fishing while searching the flats, but making some casts of course is part of the fun. Here I am with a fine 27” Seatrout I caught on a Gulp shrimp jig, one of my go to winter artificial choices, this fish waked out off the shoreline I was working, pitched the bait in it’s path and hooked her up, all of the largest Spotted Seatrout are females and best released for future breeding, so we did CPR, catch, photograph, and release on this one.....................................

vkpBL0.jpg

Another recent scout trip my friend and I found an area with the best sight on the flats, tailing Redfish, we caught a few, sight cast mullet and weedless soft plastic lures to the tailers, here the largest we caught of the group, also catch and release on as I always do on scout trips...................

8XS8ga.jpg

Still doing some guide trips as always, first time clients from Jacksonville Florida included Yvette who had the best luck, catching 3 Redfish first thing on our flats trip.............................

9FWo5E.jpg

...............not to be outdone, brother Chad had the biggest of the morning at 26”.........................

YsNx7P.jpg

My backcountry mixed bag variety trips are always fun, year round, sure thing light tackle catching of usually around 10 or more species being caught, winter time including Trout, Sheepshead, Bluefish, Black Drum, and always surprise catches, on a recent trip Jim caught this approx 40 plus inch Shovelnose Shark.................................

t0KC9h.jpg

.....................school size Seatrout are a staple catch while variety fishing here Donette with a nice backcountry speck.........................

YVb7nq.jpg

Bigger Trout do like the shallow water here on the Lagoon, here me with another nice one approx 25” , on soft plastic lure while out scouting the flats recently.................

J3Gw2L.jpg

CALM WATER INSHORE SALTWATER FISHING – NO SEA SICKNESS

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

2015 GulfShore 20’ by Young Boats..................

FjmAaM.jpg

MOSQUITO LAGOON FLATS FISHING AND INDIAN RIVER

BACKCOUNTRY MIXED BAG SALTWATER FISHING TRIPS

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

• Like 1