Daiwa 125M Closed Face Reel - Help!

wanzelbin

I've just bought one of these reels but I simply can't work out how to get the spool out of it and feed the line! I've taken the black cover off, and a friend has said I should then hold the reel handle and twist the silver dome clockwise. I've tried this but don't want to force it as it really doesn't seem to want to budge and I'm concerned I'm pressing against the gears. I've looked all over google but clearly everyone else is a lot brighter than me when it comes to closed face reels - I can't find anything.

Please help - it's driving me mad!

W

Yes that is quite right, the chrome cover should spin off once held against the handle pressure.

Mine comes off easily so yours may have been tightened to much the cover should have the direction for turning on and off.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Yes that is quite right, the chrome cover should spin off once held against the handle pressure.

Mine comes off easily so yours may have been tightened to much the cover should have the direction for turning on and off.

Hurray! With your support for the idea, I gave it a bit more welly and I've finally got it off ( :o ).

Thanks very much Medwaygreen

Wanzelbin