Best Bream tactics

carphead100

Dear all,

In a few weeks I am going to go to a lake near me where I have never caught a Bream. Having never caught a Bream I would like to know what you all think are the best method ways of catching these fish are???

Any comments are greatly appreciated, and tight lines,

Dan.

ALL THE ADVICE SOUNDED GREAT. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH AN OPEN END FEEDER, PELLET BASED GROUNDBAIT WITH SMALL HALIBUT PELLTS MIXED IN. CORN ON THE HOOK

keep the bait going in you would be amazed how quickly a shoal of bream can hoover up your ground bait.

What even at this time of the year when the fish aren't fishing well????

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

Obviously different waters affect tactics but i have never had a problem start with little and often perhaps a really small feeder and move up if they keep biting it works for me, i generally bream fish loch ken is south west scotland.

www.topfishingtackle.co.uk

Live The Dream

Judging By the number of ????, it sounds like you have got some idea of the approach to take on a small water in winter.

Incidentally it was no accident i left worm off my list of baits, fantastic as it can be. As i have found it can be a bit hit and miss for bream when the temperature is down a bit.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Just a ps try some shrimp paste mixed in with groundbait my mate who is an avid carper swears by it much to his disdain

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Just a ps try some shrimp paste mixed in with groundbait my mate who is an avid carper swears by it much to his disdain

Yes they seem to have a taste for shrimp, as Dynamite's spicy shrimp & prawn flavour is good to.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep