West Wales Kayaking

pollacks

I'm just looking to buy a kayak, probably a Prowler 13 unless persuaded otherwise, and wonder if there are any yak angling clubs, groups, friendly yak anglers around west wales? I'm just on the carms/pembs border so can go out anywhere from Carmarthen Bay to Cardigan Bay. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some more experienced yak anglers to help learn the ropes.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm just looking to buy a kayak, probably a Prowler 13 unless persuaded otherwise, and wonder if there are any yak angling clubs, groups, friendly yak anglers around west wales? I'm just on the carms/pembs border so can go out anywhere from Carmarthen Bay to Cardigan Bay. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some more experienced yak anglers to help learn the ropes.

greetings,just joined myself,and am starting out from scratch.done a bit of research,and think im gunna get a trident what yak did you buy after and how you getting on with it.am living in bridgend not all that far from you,cant seem to find much interest round here though,as you probably gathered by all the replys youve had on here. a.t.b. carl..

greetings,just joined myself,and am starting out from scratch.done a bit of research,and think im gunna get a trident what yak did you buy after and how you getting on with it.am living in bridgend not all that far from you,cant seem to find much interest round here though,as you probably gathered by all the replys youve had on here. a.t.b. carl..

I was about to give up on this board :)

I've got the Prowler 13 in the end. It's well recommended and I didn't want to go to the larger sizes. Haven't been out yet as the weather has been cak! I was hoping this weekend might be good enough to get out on the haven. The trident looks pretty good and should be a good choice. When you get set up let me know if you want to head over to carms - there are some good places to launch from like Pendine and Stackpole. Closer to bridgend is Oxwich bay on the Gower which I've heard is very popular.

There are other boards that are more active - have a look at anglersafloat for one.

Hiya Carl,

Im in Llantwit Major, give us a call if you fancy a paddle.

Gareth

H! Carl i live in Bridgend.

Iwill be going out of Newton one evening when this bit of cold weather has disappeared

Everybody wellcome

MARTIN

H! Carl i live in Bridgend.

Iwill be going out of Newton one evening when this bit of cold weather has disappeared

Everybody wellcome

MARTIN

great guys,will have to have a meet up,just about to order the trident just a couple more ot shifts and should have most of the money together for the rest of the kit.looking forward to a paddle and shall let you all no when im ready to get my feet wet,as you all said weather pants at the mo but a couple of weeks time will be great a.t.b. carl..