Carp feeding

Andykelly

Im going on my local pond tomorrow where I have caught a few carp last couple of weeks .But im fairly new to this so I had a few questions see what you guys think.

ok the water is only quite small the bit i fish is about 2 feet deep opposite some reed beds where the fish tend to come out from because the water is only shallow you can normally see them if they are out.I have noticed that the last couple of weeks if i am there from 7am till 6pm they tend to be feeding twice a day but they dont tend to have a pattern its twice a day but at any time in the day is this normal also i have been using sweet corn which has tended to work as the hook bait because when they are around they tend to take it but i was seeing if there was any way i could attract them to feed a bit more ive heard that corn has a high oil content so can turn carp off feeding this time of year .also they dont seem to interested in boiles any ideas guys.

I don't think corn has a high oil content, but it can fill carp up quite quickly if the water is cold, the carp are relatively small, or both. If there aren't a lot of small roach and perch in the pond, I think I'd try getting the carp interested in maggots. They're not very filling and you can feed just a few (maybe 6-12) every put-in. So long as your tackle is up to the job of keeping the carp out of the reed beds once hooked, you don't have to worry about using "standard" heavy gear. Carp are a lot slower when the water is still cold, and a 6lb bs maximum line teamed with a through-action 1.5lb rod should do the job.

In that case, I'd try a big lobworm fished over chopped worm. The choppie will attract loads of smaller fish, but they won't be able to handle the lobworm. The carp should in turn be attracted by the activity of the smaller fish and barge them out of the way. How big do these carp go, btw?

In that case, I'd try a big lobworm fished over chopped worm. The choppie will attract loads of smaller fish, but they won't be able to handle the lobworm. The carp should in turn be attracted by the activity of the smaller fish and barge them out of the way. How big do these carp go, btw?

I have only target it for last 3-4 weeks best so far is 11lb but there is bigger ive seen them <_<