Help wanted and info

seph

I am going to Newquay in september. Well Peranporth to be precise and was hoping to do a bit of fishing but have no idea as to what gear,bait and tactics I would need and where to go. I have no sea gear but plenty of carp and barbel gear. Any help would be appreciated

Paul

Found this on Google

Beach Fishing

It should be noted that in summer the beaches are very popular with bathers and holidaymakers so beach and times should be chosen with some care.

Any Newquay beaches are good for bass in the evenings especially, or early morning before the crowds descend. Baits, peeler crab, sandeels, rag, lug or whole mackerel fillet.

Perranporth offers several miles of good beach for all flatfish as does Holywell Bay and Crantock. Watergate Bay is fine for bass, ray, turbot and plaice as is Mawgan Porth and Constantine.

Portreath and St Agnes. Chapel Porth is good for ray and turbot with other beaches providing plaice, dab and flounder. Perranporth Beach is also popular with holidaymakers so avoid busy times: late evenings and early mornings will give excellent sport.

Found this on the newsgroups:

Try Atlantic Tackle in Newquay where you can get fresh bait and advice.

Perran beach is a good spot for Turbot, Bass and Small Eyed Ray. Use

sand-eel or fresh Mackerel for bait.

the nearest and best Tackle shop would be City Angling in Truro,

Pete stocks all the major baits and Live Eel (I think) Or there are some

Tackle shops in Newquay, The 'bait shop' near the Harbour is very reasonable

for price's. Fishing wise, Perranporth is a Bass beach, but there are some

marks on the right handside that fish well for Small Eyed ray, East cliffs,

Cligga head.

If it's flatfish (and numerous other species) you are after try Newquay

Headland.

Hope that's of some use.

SEA FISHING THE SOUTH WEST