Abu premium mag elite, help urgently needed.

cainez

Hi, i have just bought a new abu mag premium and i have to say im really disapointed in the manual that came with it. Theres no info on the specific model and what all the knobs ect do, which makes it difficult for me as i have never used a multiplyer of my own. I understand now what the side knobs are for and i have adjusted the spool to center with a slight knock of about 0.2mm then set the slider to 0 as a reference and put the left knob to 2.5. ive taken it out 3 times and its casting fine but i noticed a black pushable slider on the left hand side. At first i thought it was the ratched but its obviously not and after reading found out its probrably the mag slider to adjust magnetic breaking. The thing is i have no idea which way is mags on and which way is mags off and im not touching it to find out by getting a nice big birdsnest. I realy need to know if up is on and if down is off as theres no numbers or anything in the manuals to give me even the slightest clue. :blink::wallbash:

Also while reading a mag elite forum i saw someone mention that he had to install the centrifugal brakes which came in a plastic case with spanner and oil. I really hope this isnt the case for the premium as i havent seen any bits in the case with oil and spanner and even if they were in there ive thrown them away without even noticing. Did i mess up and accidently throw them away or are they already installed on the premiums?(should be for a 90 quid reel with basicly no manual or hint of doing it).

Im off fishing saturday and want to do some more pracise on the field so any replys will be greatly apreciated. Also going to write a letter to abu about the quality of thier manuals, for 90 pound i expected a well laid out manual specificly for the my reel. :angry:

Yeah thanks for reply on other post, not used to posts being checked by moderator first, thought there was a problem and posted 2 thinking i made a mistake when it didnt show up right away. Thanks again.

I think the new Abus are suppled with the brake blocks already fitted on the new 6 pin holder. Unlike the older Abus the new six pin brake setup you don't actually remove the brake blokes to make them inactive. You just push them into the centre until they click in rather than have them extended out to end of their mounts. Turn on or off as many or off as you like.

The black slider for the mag controls should be numbered up to 8 (at least it was on the older reels) with eight being maximum mag braking. when you psh the slider completely forwarded so the scale doesn't show th mags are off.When ou lide it right the way back so you can see all the scale the mags are on maximum.

On the abu ive got, the high speed one. It dont have the numbers on the slider which is a bit silly considering other abus do have them. As above, with the slider all the way up, the mags ares off, with the slider down the mags are on.

Edited by Puggy