Groundbait

matty49

Sound guys.

Off night fishing tomorrow. First session this year so looking forward to it. One thing I want to ask is about ground bait. What other ingredients could I add To attract carp. Normally I just use:

Sensas crazy bait sweet strawberry ground bait.

Some sweet corn added to it.

Some hemp added to it.

Then I also mash up slices off breaded and add that to it.

On videos I have see people adding stuff like eggs, flour, hot dogs all mashed up e.t.c Could I use this and have a strong possible off seeing results?? what other ingrediants could I use.

Cheers,

Matty.

mysig333323dj5.jpg

Hi Fella

Heres what i put in mine.

Vitalin (dog food)

Ground tiger nut

crushed hemp

crushed pellets or small pellets or crushed boilies

attractant

sweetcorn

method mix (pallantrax)

But it really depends as to what you are trying to achieve, if its just attracting carp, you are not going to go far wrong with hemp and sweetcorn

I have found that the best thing to do is experiment on the water you are fishing to find what the fish like or will be attracted to. I have found that crushed tiger nut is a really good attractant, all carp love it

Another thing you can add is tiger slime or extract of tiger nut. Condensed milk or coconut milk or liquised sweetcorn or even attractant in a pvsa bag are good. These all create a good cloud in the water which will draw the carp down to your bait. Also it does not provide the carp with anything to eat so not filling themselves up before they get to your bait.

I fish the method pretty much for all my fishing. I have been thinking about using a floating mix to fish over a zig rig.

Hope that helps

STC

Edited by smalltincup
It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!