Lob Worm Rig

lopex

I have used a similar rig a few times fishing for big carp but have always bagged BIG bream. I have decided to give it another go with a running feeder bomb full of fish based ground bait, worm extract and chopped worms.

The hook bait will be the largest lob worm I can find hooked once and held on the hook with a fake maggot. I will cut one end off and inflate the other to keep him well of the ground and well out of trouble.

When used before the effects were not instant and it took a few hours until the big bream found it. The bites are slow to build up.

I am thinking I will use a carp style set up instead of the feeder rod I have used in the past. I will be using a heavy x line to keep the main line on the surface. The link up to the hook is a fine 3x.203mm 9.2lb fly fishing line.

Here are a few pics of the rig. I will post any catches. Any help or advise very welcome.

post-7605-1208529227_thumb.jpg