Florida Daytona New Smyrna Beach Orlando Area Feb 2018

As the busy early spring charter season has begun, I am doing many Mosquito Lagoon guided back country trips, water temperatures are rising from winter mid 50’ F range to the upper 60’ to low 70’s F’s now, starting the spring migration of game and bait fish coming back north after their spending the winter down south, Bluefish, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, Pompano and others are returning, adding to the many different species we catch here in the coastal saltwater backcountry, joining our resident fish which stay here year round including Seatrout, Redfish, Snook, Black Drum, Sheepshead and Snapper. With the clear water from winter still around, the sight fishing for Redfish on the flats is a fun challenging hunt to find the schools and get a bait or lure in position for a strike. Back water mixed bag fishing is prime in spring, recent trips have been lots of fun with good catching, most trips with multiple mini slams of Seatrout, Redfish, and Snooklets, quite a few Black Drum, and catching the first several Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish of the warming season. First time clients from Miami and Seattle out last week had a great fun time, catching lots of different back water species on our light spinning tackle, Pedro got the biggest a nice Black Drum…………….

6JBf3h.jpg

Not to be outdone Doug shows off his best Black Drum of the many Drum landed this morning……………….

pi0bwL.jpg

Pedro also got a very nice Spotted Seatrout on a free line live shrimp…………….

AXxiOm.jpg

Young Lucas and family from Canada had a fun time out on a backcountry catching trip, including a nice Redfish……….

qQh0Hu.jpg

Jody from New York caught her first ever Redfish among all the other saltwater species landed…………

uqn6QQ.jpg

It has been a good season so far for Black Drum, they have been widespread through out my area of the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon, from cute little small ones up to good size hard fighting bigger ones………...

s0Xs11.jpg

uJPVAM.jpg

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES

Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

mtmgwZ.jpg

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781