Feb 2024 Florida Daytona New Smyrna Beach Orlando

Spring here in East Central Florida means the return of coastal migratory fish species that have spent the winter further south on the eastern seaboard, waiting for rising water temperatures to signal their northward spring migration. Along the intracoastal waterway and the beach, Tarpon, Jack Crevalle, Bluefish, Ladyfish, Pompano, also bait fish Glass Minnows, Mullet, Pilchards and Sardines begin the annual cycle, swimming north in spring. Game fish striking bait on the surface make for great sight fishing, casting a lure, fly or bait right into the white water strikes can be an instant hookup, in spring , shrimp are also on the move here especially on a dropping tide in the morning and nighttime. Resident fish also become more active with warming water and more food, Seatrout, Snook, Redfish, Black Drum and others, recently Ella was out with me along with her family, catching many different species including a few nice Black Drum ……………….

Feb2024EllaDrum.jpg.6b44fc48396d3b79669cbddf9394204f.jpg

Kristin from Alaska was out again with me throwing the fly, catching several species in the backcountry, including a few fun Ladyfish, spring can be good for flyfishing here with the schooling gamefish and surface activity ……

Feb2024KristinLadyfish.jpg.b6f098206bd86a242fceedc754530c57.jpg

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES

Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com