Sea trout, can anyone help,

Guest Jase

After reading the Shetland times over the past few weeks, there has been a news story about the Shetland Sea Trout company having difficult financial probs.

I think a buyer has been found now, but before the article said that if a buyer was not found, thousands of sea trout would have to be culled.

Please forgive my lack of understanding, but for the life of me, I can't think why they can't be released, with all the talk about depleting stocks and the like. Please i've been racking my brains on this one, is it something scientific to do with cultivated sea trout not being able to survive in the wild environment ?

Guest davidP

As they would form a large part of the assets of the company I would think that any liquidator would insist on their being culled and sold.

Thank David,

I thought it would be something obvious, but was thinking totally along the wrong lines. My head had led me to a trail of thought that somehow cultivated sea trout would not stand up in the wild.

Thanks for replying, I will be able sleep now.